Pages

Monday 10 October 2016

Rhubarb Crumble Baked Oats

So I have to say, getting to this time of year is great because it really puts me in the mood for wintery snacks and baked oats are one of my favourites. Theres a million and one different recipes to make baked oats but here is how I do mine:
40g Porridge Oats (see previous post for news on increase from 35g)
1 Rhubarb Crumble Muller Light
1 egg
1 tsp sweetener
Cinnamon and Mixed Spice

I simply combined all of these ingredients and spooned into my silicone moulds, cooked at approx 180 degrees for half an hour (and sprinkled some sweetener over them half way through). They feel lovely and wintery and my kitchen smelled like Christmas, I'm surprised they lasted till morning! Obviously you can switch the muller to any of your choosing, I have an Apple Crumble one I will be trying next I think. You also don't need to add sweetener if you find the muller lights too sweet, but i'm a sucker for really sweet things. As I only used minimal sweetener I am not worried about synning it as suggested in previous post, so this would be syn free using my Porridge Oats allowance (b choice) for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment