Pages

Monday 8 August 2016

Chinese/Indian - Low Syn Fakeaway

The best thing about slimming world takeaway recipes is how easy it is to mix and match. I had an urge to make the onion bhajis but also fancied some mayflower curry.
The onion bhajis are completely syn free and my portion of mayflower curry was 4 syns.

Onion Bhaji Recipe:
Ingredients
Frylight
2 large onions, sliced - I used 1 white, 1 red
2 eggs, beaten
1 sweet potato, peeled then grated
2 tablespoons of curry powder - you decide on the strength I use medium usually

Directions
Slice the onions
Grate the sweet potato
Beat the eggs
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients
Spray a cake tray with frylight
Using your hands, mould the mix into balls and add to the tray
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, allow to cool then enjoy

The mayflower curry is 4 syns for 28g of powder, you simply add this to cold water and heat through until mixed, you can have this as thick or watery as you like. I usually just stick it in the slow cooker with the chicken, peas, onions etc and leave for a few hours on low. I made enough to serve 4 and froze whatever wasn't used. EASY!







No comments:

Post a Comment