Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Scan Bran Ginger Cake

I decided to give Scan Bran a go, I know a lot of people hate the stuff so thought I would try some recipes where the flavours seemed like they would help mask the taste.



This is a Ginger Scan Bran cake. I doubled up all of the following ingredients so I could make two days worth at once (or one for my friend to try if I didn't like it) :)

5 Scan Bran
2 large carrots, finely grated
3 or 4 tbsp artificial sweetener (or to taste)
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp of ground all-spice (or to taste)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten


Method
Pour boiling water over the Scan Bran and leave for 1 minute so that it softens, then drain and mash.
Blend the Scan Bran, carrot, sweetener, ground ginger, all-spice, and cinnamon, mixing very thoroughly.
Then add the beaten eggs and stir until completely mixed.
Transfer the mixture into a microwaveable dish – about 16cm in diameter.
Microwave on high for about 15 minutes, or until cooked.
The end product should be reasonably moist.

I actually really enjoyed it, it was a little dry (even though the cake itself was moist) so maybe some natural yoghurt/fruit on the side would help it go down easier but I did really enjoy it. Looking forward to trying some more recipes soon!

Half of this cake is your B choice for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment