Pages

Sunday 11 December 2016

Spaghetti & Meatballs

So if Slimming World has taught me anything about food, it's that I don't need to rely on a jar of sauce to make something tasty. It is actually possible for me to just experiment and such and get a lovely outcome. The first picture here was Spaghetti & Meatballs made in about 15 minutes. I put the meatballs in a pan and I fried off some onions, added passata and a bit of tomato puree. Added seasoning and some chopped tomatoes and just let simmer whilst the spaghetti cooked.

This second one was actually done in the slow cooker, I spent the day wrapping presents and doing bits round the house so didn't want to have to stand around cooking. I simply added the meatballs to the slow cooker with passata, chopped tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano and 100ml of beef stock and left on high for about 90 mins then added the dry pasta for the last 30 minutes which helped soak up the extra stock etc. i was actually really impressed with the outcome it had loads of taste (despite sounding a little dodgy going off the ingredients) and was dead easy to do. I actually wish i'd made more!

No comments:

Post a Comment