Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Chunky Soup

Lunches tend to be super hard to plan for me, I either bring too much food or not enough theres no inbetween. Although I find bringing a chunky soup fills me a lot more than one that is completely blended.

I've posted this recipe before but I think it's one of my favourites. I tend to mix it up slightly based on what veg and herbs and spices I have in the this is the original recipe:

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped (I got a bag of the precut onions from asda and just chucked the whole packet in)
1 red pepper, diced (I used two this time)
2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
800g canned chopped tomatoes
400ml chicken stock - I used 3 stock cubes to make sure it was relatively thick
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1 tbsp crushed chillies
2 tbsp. tomato puree
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
I also chucked in a packet of cherry tomatoes (halved and quartered) as they weren't going to get used otherwise.

Method:-


Place the onion and pepper in a large non-stick saucepan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
Add the chicken, tomatoes, stock, rosemary and lemon zest, chillies and juice.
Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season to taste and serve

This recipe is completely syn free and so filling!


No comments:

Post a Comment