Pages

Monday 28 March 2016

Syn Free Pancakes

it's come to my attention that I don't seem to have ever posted the syn free pancake recipe that I use!

Here you go... I've also included some other recipes that seem to be popular!



 I use option one!

Option 1: Syn Free / No Healthy B usage

Recipe:
Makes 2 pancakes

6 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
Fry Light

Method:
1. Whisk egg and sweetener in a bowl until you see soft peaks forming.
2. Stir in vanilla essence and mix well
3. Spray a pan with frylight
4. Pour half the mixture into a frying pan and fry for about 3 mins each side.
5. Serve with a topping of your choice



Option 2: Syn Free with Hex B usage

Recipe:
Makes 4 pancakes

35g porridge oats (organic are nicer in my opinion)
1/2 muller light yoghurt (vanilla or banana custard are the job!)
2 eggs
2 tbsp sweetener (candarel or such, granulated)
Frylight

1. Mix the porridge oats and frylight and leave in the fridge overnight. They need time to - quite literally - bond :)
2. The following day, whisk two eggs with the sweetener until you are seeing soft peaks forming. add to the oat mixture
3. Spray a pan with frylight, and pour about 1/2 of the mixture into the pan. Fry for 4-5 mins each side.



OPTION 3: 2.5 syns per pancake
Makes 2 pancakes:

1 banana
Pinch of cinnamon
2 eggs
Frylight


1. Mash the banana (5 syns as it is mashed)
2. Whisk two eggs until you are seeing soft peaks forming. Add your pinch of cinnamon
3. Spray a pan with frylight, and pour about 1/2 of the mixture into the pan. Fry for 1-2 mins each side. Repeat!
Anyone have any other tried and tested recipes?

X

2 comments:

  1. I do Option 3 all the time. I love them!
    NOTE: I add a pinch of baking soda to the mix and it makes them fluff up some.
    I have to try your other methods. They all sound delicious!
    Come by and visit me sometime.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete