Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

Cupboard Staples... What Are Yours?

Since starting Slimming World I've picked up a lot of hints and tips and found myself picking up the same things in supermarkets just to make sure I have them in. Usually when they are on offer to be honest. Does anyone else do this? What are your cupboard staples?

Herbs & Spices - Since starting Slimming World my herbs and spices have grown massively as 99% of them are syn free.

Alpen Bars - I stock up when they are on offer. Alpen Light bars are 2 for your healthy B or usually 3 syns each.

Benefit Bars - these are the aldi version, and as far as I am aware, all varieties are 2 for your healthy B or 3 syns each.

Muller Lights - I love having some of these in. Syn values on these vary massively so always worth checking, but the majority of the ones you see on offer in supermarkets tend to be syn free. I also love the Cheesecake inspired ones, theres are lemon or strawberry, come in a 6 pack and are 1 syn each. I only buy these when theyre on offer too.

Pasta N Sauce - the new Pesto one is lovely and syn free, the spicy arribiata is also the same. The smoky pancetta one is 2 syns but so worth it for a quick and easy snack!

Mikado Sticks - usually 1/2 syn each for the choc/white choc/daim ones but depending on how recent this article is when you're reading it it's worth double checking!

Options sachets - these can range from 1.5 to 2 syns but are fab for hot chocolates or even to add to a massive tub of syn free yoghurt to give it some chocolatey flavour!

Passata, Chopped tomatoes, Stock cubes, Soy Sauce, Eggs, Worcestershire Sauce

You'll be amazed at how much you use some of these! I'd never used soy sauce before Slimming World and now I use it all the time! Especially to make Egg Fried Rice to go with my Salt & Pepper Chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment